Friday, November 26, 2010

Hey Guys: An Update

BOTD-110210-009

Thanks for all the well wishes as I have been recovering this week from my surgery.  I am finally truly feeling better.  I had abdominal surgery to fix an umbilical hernia, which if you have ever had abdominal surgery you know that the pain feels like you are constantly being kicked in the balls.  Yesterday was a bit rough because I still had a lot of swelling and therefore could not eat much.  Plus, I found out the pain medicine was giving me terribly headaches, so I quit taking it, as it wasn’t helping a whole lot anyway.  The swelling seems to have gone mostly down and I am at least able to roll over on my side and flex my abdominal muscles again (the last part important for being able to get my rocks off and have a wonderful orgasm after holding it for several days, LOL).  Thanks again for all of your well wishes, I will try to answer some of my comments and emails tonight and tomorrow.

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Joe: Nice to hear you are on the mend. Get well soon.

Joe said...

Thanks, FOC.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe: After reading your blog for over an hour and the comments and you reply to the comments, you are a really nice guy. So much of the time when I read these blogs I get feelings of communication breakdowns and a fear of involvement with the threat that the author will simply close down. You are very, very young in life. In gay life there is twink life, then just gay life and finally 30 plus life. The only difference as far as I can tell is that to twinks, 20+ life begins to get non-hook up. To regular 20+ life 30+ life begins to get non-hook up. As Harvey Milk's lover said, "Over 40, forget it!" This puts you in the right place. You have a history. You have a future sexually (thank God). You have friends and you reach out to them. You are devoted to your work but need to get the Ph.D. so that you can go to work in college. Don't postpone it. Take time away from the school that doesn't appreciate you. Try to find someone who can help you with that dissertation. Love, NORM

Joe said...

Norm, thanks for the comment. I am glad you enjoyed reading the blog and I hope that you will continue reading and commenting. I try to stay in touch with my readers through my comments and posts, even if life gets too busy at times and it takes me a while to sit down and answer comments. When it takes me a while, you know that it is because I really do care about answering the comments, and I do eventually answer them all. (I got a bit behind this last week.)

BTW, the dissertation will get finished. It's back on track and it is my main plan for the Christmas holidays.