Saturday, June 25, 2011

Moment of Zen: Rainbow of Pride

Don't you just love Gay Pride Season and all the colors of the rainbow?  

Remember the Bible story we were told as kids, that the Rainbow is a promise from God to not destroy the earth by a flood again.  So, the next time you see a rainbow, think of Noah and the flood. Remember that God loves you, and that no matter how bad the storm, there will always come a bright new day.  I have always loved that GLBT people have embraced the rainbow as their symbol of peace, love, and unity and that "no matter how bad the storm, there will always come a bright new day."

That is God's promise, and God always keeps his promises.  One of the things that can get in the way of our feelings of gay pride is religion, so tomorrow will begin a series of posts about Religion and Sexuality.  I hope that you will join me on this journey of discovery, reflection, and, yes, even pride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I can't wait to read what you have to write about Religion and Sexuality.

Joe said...

Thanks, Gay Paradox. I am quite happy with my Religion and Sexuality and hope that you and my other readers will find it as interesting as I have.