Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Whatever raises your skirt, man."

I have been in love with Matthew McConaughey since I saw him in "A Time to Kill.". He is one hell of a sexy man.  I saw the story below on the Huffington Post, and since I can't wait to see "Magic Mike," I wanted to share this story with you.  I hope that you enjoy.

Matthew McConaughey Talks 'Magic Mike,' Gay Fans And How He'd React If His Kids Came Out


Matthew McConaughey's gay fans are no doubt looking forward to "Magic Mike," which will feature scenes of the star stripping down to a thong alongside fellow heartthrobs Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello.
But the 42-year-old hunk has always enjoyed a sizable gay fanbase, which he discusses at length in a new interview with The Advocate.
"It's much appreciated," he tells writer Brandon Voss of the support from the gay community. "You know, I have some good friends of my own who happen to be gay, and when it comes to gay, straight, or whatever, I'm for anything life-affirmative. I'm for gay power, straight power, male power, female power; everybody should feel empowered without oppressing anyone who's different." He then went on to note. "I've had some great conversations with a lot of gay people about being gay, when they knew, how they came out, and how they live...It's all very interesting to me on a human level, because we're all in this together."
McConaughey, who has been the subject of a number of rumors about his own sexuality, also recalls a time when a gay friend made a pass at him in college. "I went like, "Whoa, whoa, whoa," and he freaked out," he said. "I think he thought I was going to be violent or something. I stopped him and said, 'Hang on, I'm not gay, but I like you as a friend. I'm sorry if you misread my friendship, but I still want to be your friend.' He was crying, and I remember giving him a hug and saying, 'Dude, it's fine. Whatever raises your skirt, man.'"
On how he'd react if one of his children with fiancee Camila Alves eventually came out of the closet, he added, "There's nothing in me that can understand disowning your child because they're gay. You deal with it, you support them, and you also help prepare them for how some people in the world will treat and think of them."

4 comments:

x said...

I'm not sure which was tougher - lusting after Matthew or Ashley Judd in thatmovie. They were both hot, sweaty and fucking gorgeous. MM has the attitude and confidence that makes him sexier than most stars. He also has a no fear factor which gives me an immediate stir. I know nothing about this new movie -- I guess I should read up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought he was great actor, now I think he's a great person, too!

Peace <3
Jay

daemon said...

All right, all right, all right... :)

Joe said...

Thanks, guys, I totally agree with you guys. Loki, his new movie is based loosely on Channing Tatum's years as a stripper. All the men in the movie are strippers, in the movie. Channing Tatum is pretty damn hot himself, so are the others.