Friday, April 19, 2013

The Artists




I was checking out Vilges Suola's blog, lathophobic aphasia, when I came across his most recent post about an online tool that analyses your blog and tells you who it thinks you are.  So I decided to try it out.  The first link was way off, something like an old woman 66 to 100 years old, the same thing he got.  However, when I went to the other link for Typalyser, which he states is more successful, I received what I think is a more accurate type.  Tell me what you guys think.  This is what it said:

ISFP - The Artists

The author of http://closetprofessor.blogspot.com/ is of the type ISFP.

The gentle and compassionate type. They are especially attuned their inner values and what other people feel. They usually have a strong appreciation for art and beauty or things around them that affect the look, taste, sound or smell. 

They are not friends of many words and tend to take the worries of the world on their shoulders. They tend to follow the path of least resistance and have to look out not to be taken advantage of. 

They tend to value their friends and family above what they do for a living. They genuinely care about people. 

They are extremely gifted at creating and composing things that stimulates the senses, such as art, music or food. They often prefer working quietly, behind the scene as a part of a team. They have no desire to lead others and they don't want to be led. ISFPs are sometimes not good at giving him/herself enough credit for things they did well. 

Common satisfying careers: Fashion Designer, Artists, Interior Designer, Landscape Architect, Nurse, Massage Therapist, Botanist, Teacher, Geologist, Translator, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Cosmetologist and Translator. 

Notable ISFPs: Ulysses S. Grant, Sofia Coppola, David Lynch, Brad Pitt, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, David Beckham, John Travolta, Liv Tylor, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Nero and Wicket the Ewok.
So, how accurate do you think this description is of my blog?

6 comments:

Ipmilat said...

We get exactly the same results - I'm an ISFP whenever I do those Myers-Briggs tests, and it's a pretty accurate analysis. How did they get Nero in there??? Thanks for the link.

JiEL said...

As an artist myself and an Art teacher, I recognize myself in the texts you've put on your nice site.

Specialy her:
They tend to value their friends and family above what they do for a living. They genuinely care about people.

They are extremely gifted at creating and composing things that stimulates the senses, such as art, music or food. They often prefer working quietly, behind the scene as a part of a team. They have no desire to lead others and they don't want to be led. ISFPs are sometimes not good at giving him/herself enough credit for things they did well.

Now retired, I am free to do ALL what I want in my artwork.

Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Will said...

Interesting: based on my Designerblog I was told I was an ESFP. As a theatrical designer and scene painter, lover of opera from my childhood, teacher of design in academia for decades, and currently writing opera librettos, there is a huge correspondence between my career and their list of careers. However at least three experiences doing the M-B Type Indicator with people who are professionals in the field of type have all turned out ENFJ. I'm a particularly strong J, which I see in my daily life constantly.

Vilges: Nero considered himself a great artist and performed with some frequency. After stabbing himself, his last words were, "What an artist dies in me!"

Anonymous said...

The first one also had me as a 66-100yo female. Probably the stock response, figuring we won't all compare notes. The Typalyser had this. I guess it's pretty close:

ESFP - The Performers
[ESFP]
The author of http://jayinva.blogspot.com is of the type ESFP.

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft beautiful textiles, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. ESFPs love being around people and having new experiences. Living in the here-and-now, they often do not think about long term effects or the consequences of their actions.

ESFPs live in the moment, experiencing life to the fullest. They enjoy people, as well as material comforts. Rarely allowing conventions to interfere with their lives, they find creative ways to meet human needs. Active types, they find pleasure in new experiences.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions. ESFPs are excellent team players, focused on completing the task at hand with maximum fun and minimum discord.

Common satisfying careers: Artist, Performer, Actors, Teacher, Social Worker, Nurse, Event Coordinator, Chef, Fashion Designer, Jeweler, Retail Manager, Recreation Worker and Interior decorator.

Notable ESFJs: John. F. Kennedy, Richard Branson, Hugh Hefner, Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho, Quentin Tarantino, Mel Gibson, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Megan Fox, Jamie Oliver, Robbie Williams, Dan Brown and Chewbacca.

Peace <3
Jay

David Jeffreys said...

Some years ago, I saw on a blog (maybe yours, Joe) Who Do You Write Like? It takes a portion of your blog and analyzes it and says you write like (usually) some great author. I remember being impressed with the authors it compared me to, but now I don't remember who they were.

David

silvereagle said...

"They genuinely care about people."

Fits you like a good suit!!!!