Friday, November 22, 2013

Castaways


Just sit right back 
And you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip, 
That started from this tropic port, 
Aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man, 
The Skipper brave and sure, 
Five passengers set sail that day, 
For a three hour tour, 
A three hour tour.

We all know this song.  It's the theme song for Gilligan's Island.  I loved this show as a kid, and I always wondered what it would be like to be stranded on that island.  I think we all wish at one time or another that we could disappear to an "uncharted desert isle."  If you knew you'd be stranded on an island and could have six people with you and one item, who and what would you choose?

Number one on my list would be my "guardian accountant."  That may sound odd, but he's also one of my best friends, and I love him dearly.  He is intelligent, caring, and would make a wonderful leader, and any group would need him.  Not only that, he's lived his whole life on a tropical island, so he'd be a perfect choice.

I would also choose my best friend.  She's very resourceful, and I couldn't do without her.  That also means, I'd have to choose her husband, but he's ex-military, so I think he'd be a good choice too.  It helps that I get along well with him also.  I have to say, I didn't think she could do it, but she found herself a wonderful man.

I'd also take our art teacher at school. That might sound like an odd choice too, but she'd make everything look nice.  I'm not for sure she'd survive unless we figured out how to make beer, but she'd be worth having there for entertainment value if nothing else.  She's also a very resourceful woman,  so she'd be very useful.  It would be up to her, if she decided to bring her husband, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if she did.  At least he has a fabulous butt to look at.

If my art teacher friend decided not to bring her husband, I would definitely bring the lady who runs the lunchroom at school.  Not only is a she a master with food, and between the two of us, we'd all be well fed, she has a green thumb that would be most resourceful.  Besides, she has a great wit that would keep everyone entertained, and I'm sure she'd love to escape to a tropical island.

Last but not least, I'd bring along a certain 22 year-old.  I'm sure he'd be resourceful too, but I'd just prefer to frolic naked with him and have amazing sex all the time. He's sweet, beautiful, and intelligent. What more could you ask for?  Also, he makes me smile, and never fails to put me in a good mood.

Now I'd also love to bring along some of my followers, especially a Boy Scout leader who I know would be prepared for anything. 

For the last thing, that one item I'd bring.  I guess it's not necessarily an item, but it is something that I couldn't do without.  I'd have to bring HRH along.  She'd be lost without me, and I'd be lost without her.

So, if you knew you'd be stranded on an island and could have six people with you and one item, who and what would you choose?

5 comments:

RB said...

Good thinking to bring along the 22 yo. As the only other gay on the island he'll be completely focused on you.

JiEL said...

I often thought of being alone on a nice and luxurious tropical island...
Now, to bring someone there with me, I didn't think about it that often..

Today, I'd be very willing to have Stephen Amell with me and maybe Colton Haynes ...
I was also thinking of Brenton Twaites the gorgeous cuty of «The Blue Lagoon Awakening»... I would be so happy to awake wiht him by my side every day and to swim naked with him....

Just dreaming...

fan of casey said...

Oh no, what will you do with an accountant on a deserted island? I guess I could count up all the coconuts.

I've played the survivor game before -- stranded with a bunch of people, who do you save? I'm not a boy scout so I don't know anything about survival and I think doomsday preppers are nutty, paranoid boobs. My one secret talent -- I'm guessing if the group resorts to cannibalism, at least I'm juicy and tender, so they might save me to somewhere near the middle. :-)

Joe said...

My guardian accountant is gay, so we'd have fun too. He's such a wonderful man, and he's not really my accountant, but he is an accountant.

Joe said...

Oh, you'd be so useful in so many ways. I promise we would not resort to canabalism. I'd never stand for being on an island that didn't have enough food for all. If I was going to be stranded, I'd want it to be a fabulous and lush island. I'm a good fisherman, so we'd have plenty to eat.