Friday, June 27, 2014

Alabama Summer


I saw this on Mac's blog Yummy of the Day.  It was the Funny of the Day the other day, and some of you may have seen it, but it was just too good not to repost.  It's the end of June and about to be July and everyone here in Alabama is sweating like a whore in church.  It's hotter than two rabbits screwin' in a wool sack.  In fact, it's so hot, the chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs, and it's gonna stay hotter n' hell's basement on the day of reckoning until at least late October.

And one more southernisms for y'all, since I'm going to have a pretty busy day today (running errands with my granny), I will be busier than a cat buryin' shit on a marble floor.

6 comments:

MAC said...

UGH... summer is definitely here. Luckily for us, we've had more rain this season, but now it's nice and steamy. So, I'll be sweating like a whore in church too!

Glad you enjoyed the post! XOXO

Michael Dodd said...

Pity the poor cat! Stay frosty, dude!

Anonymous said...

I never sweat in church.

silvereagle said...

we be beholden to ya fer yur writins. Caint magine not readin each mawning yur idy. Rekon we be badoff an like to be swimmy-headed if ya not 'chere.

Anonymous said...

I walked out of the Galaxie Diner after a 2 1/2 hour lunch with a friend, and it was actually NICE outside! Warm, maybe even hot, but the usual humidity was not in the air, making the 2 block walk to the truck quite pleasant.

But more heat to come, I am sure!

Peace <3
Jay

Amanda said...

You ain't kidding about the heat! LOL. And by the way I love those sayings. My family's all about the old wives tales too. Enjoy your weekend! :)