Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summertime



Summertime

Summertime, and the livin' is easy

Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush little baby, Don't you cry

One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing

And you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
But 'til that morning, there ain't nothin' can harm you
With Daddy and Mammy standin' by


I had planned on finishing my post about my cruise, but my headache continued for most of the day yesterday, and I went to bed very early (at least for me) around 9pm.  I laid down on my bed for a minute, intending to watch TV, but ended up not turning on the TV at all and falling asleep.  It's kind of funny, I haven't turned on the TV since I've been home.  I didn't even watch the election results Tuesday night, though from what I understand, every candidate I voted for lost in the primary.  One may have won, but I just haven't checked.  Anyway, hopefully I will be able to write up my post on the rest of the cruise to be posted tomorrow.

Also, I hope you will all keep me in your prayers, as I am applying for several college teaching positions this summer.  All of a sudden, about a dozen different jobs that I meet the qualifications for have come open, so I am applying.  Maybe it's a sign that the economy is actually getting better or a sign that it's time for me to move away from my family again, I'm not sure, but this many job openings have not come open in about five years.  I always look at the job postings, but so many colleges and universities have been looking for esoteric history positions, and they have posted fewer jobs.  But it seems that things might be changing and hopefully, I will find a new job teaching college students again.

6 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Here's to a successful job search!

silvereagle said...

Praying for your headache to leave and the position to open and be offered!!!

And for you to complete the dissertation and get that behind you as you defend it!!!

naturgesetz said...

Good luck!

Susan said...

Best of luck with the job search. Hope your head feels better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt! Hope some of those postings are around here!

Peace <3
Jay

Nikki said...

Fingers crossed for you!