Monday, July 21, 2014

Down the Bayou



I'm still down in bayou country.  I had planned to head back yesterday, but my friend begged me to stay a few more days, so I'm heading back home on Tuesday.  It's gonna make for a busy week once I get back, but it will be okay.  I enjoying my stay and being able to hang out with one of my best friends and see a few other friends during the meantime.

I'm not sure what the plan is for today.  It was mentioned that we would do something, but no specifics were mentioned.  I guess we will play it by ear.  I kind of enjoy a vacation in which nothing is expected and you can just go with the flow.  Whatever we do, we will have a great time doing it, even if it's just relaxing at the house.

And just a word of warning to anyone who might visit south Louisiana and Cajun country, if something ever says hot and spicy, it's always has more than just a little kick to it.  I enjoy spicy foods, but I like to be able to taste the food, not have my taste buds burned off with the first bite.  However, if you are a lover of hot and spicy foods, you will no doubt love Cajun cuisine and the heat they add to nearly all other foods.

5 comments:

silvereagle said...

Is it true that "hot and spicy" applies not only to the food, but to the males as well? From the looks of the guys on the front porch in the photo, that might be correct!!!

Enjoy the friends and the food!!!

Unknown said...

I was also going to say that there is nothing like a hot Cajun ... dish.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, I am from Brazil and I would like to you make a post about the size of lgbt population. I was reading about a study that less than 3% of the population identifies as gay, lesbian or bisexual, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS. But othrs shows to 3% to 5% and wikipedia shows that others studys show 10% to 20%. In the comment section of the site I read about the less than 3% many bigots was saynd that we are small, errors of the nature and that Hollywood is the responsible for people think that the lgbt populations is higher than 3%. What your oipinion?

Amanda said...

Glad you're having fun in Cajun country. Enjoy the time and hanging out with your friend. And as far spicy goes I wouldn't be able to handle it. LOL. Maybe they have some dishes that don't involve spices I would enjoy! :)

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT! So glad you're having fun, and taking some extra time!

Peace <3
Jay