Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Headaches



I'd planned on a different post for today, but sometimes my migraines get me down and it's hard to think and/or write.  This headache began Monday night and kept me awake as the storms that swept through the South that night raged on. It didn't go away yesterday but waxed and waned thoughout the day.  As one set of medicine wore off the intensity of the pain increased until I could take another dose.  I'm hoping it will be better today.  I try to go about and do what I need to do when when I have headaches like this, but it's usually at a reduced capacity when the pain is this intense.  So last night as I was writing this post, my medicine had worn off, and I was feeling the intense pain come back.  I'm hoping a good night's sleep will help alleviate this headache. 

3 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Have you tried acupuncture? My daughter had an 8 month tension headache, missed tons of school, wore a cool patch on her forehead as an eight grader (who do not like to stand out for any reason), stopped singing, stopped reading, started wearing an ice pack 24/7, we went to 16 different doctors -- we were ready to take her to Mayo Clinic. My nurse niece suggested acupuncture. She worked with a doctor who was born and raised in China.
Daughter had acupuncture on a November Friday. Came home. Did not get an ice pack out of the freezer. Went back to school on Monday. She had been out of school since the previous April.
It was a bloody miracle.
good luck

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the dog's mother. Perhaps it's time for some alternative therapy. I know how debilitating headaches like that can be. About 3 times a year I wake up with one. Fortunately, it usually subsides with non-prescription drugs, but I am definitely out for the day. If they came any more often, or lasted any longer, I'd be lying on an acupuncturist's bed now!

Peace <3
Jay

Chris said...

U might have something called Cluster Headaches especially because u said yhey wax and wan. Have you heard of them?