Saturday, November 8, 2014

Moment of Zen: Horses



There's just something about a man and a horse.  Maybe it's the rugged cowboy image, that of a man with taunt well worked natural muscles with a powerful horse with a slick beautiful coat and perfect musculature.  The muscle with muscle is just naturally beautiful to me.  Since I read Amy Lane's "Promises" series, I can't look at a man with a horse and not think of her wonderful and heroic character, Deacon Winters.  If you've read the books (and if you haven't you should), you will hope and dream that a man like Deacon someday enters your life.  He is the ultimate dream man.  He's not a perfect man, but then no man will ever be perfect.  However, it's the heart of a man that is most important.  Of all the books I've ever read, I don't think there has ever been a character with as much heart as Amy Lane's Deacon Winters.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lovely picture. :)