Monday, May 2, 2016

Date Night



Yesterday, I watched An Affair to Remember. It is one of my favorite movies. I almost got through the whole thing without crying, but when Cary Grant’s character says, “If it had to happen to one of us, why did it have to be you?” I completely lost it. The ending when they got together again has always affected me, but that particular line hasn’t ever affected me that way. The difference is that I have said the same thing over and over for the past five months. I still miss my friend that I lost, and I doubt I will ever get over it, but I am doing better and better each day. I still miss him though.

To make myself feel better, I decided to have a date night with myself. Have you ever done that? I got dressed nicely, made a nice dinner (chicken piccata), and sat down to watch some movies and a glass of wine.  I haven’t had a date night with myself in a long time. Since I am not dating anyone, why not have a date with myself.I got the idea from a book I read years ago called Finding the Boyfriend Within by Brad Gooch. Sometimes, we just need a date, even if it’s only with ourselves.

I also watched Pitch Perfect 2. If you haven’t seen it, don’t.  I loved the first Pitch Perfect. The fact is, my friend had sent it to me when I was at a low point and very depressed to help cheer me up, and it had worked. I had hoped that Pitch Perfect 2 might have the same effect, even though he had told me that it wasn’t as good. The second one was just not as funny as they first and I just didn’t enjoy it very much, though I did watch the whole thing.

Then I watched a movie that I had been wanting to see: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I know that it didn't get great reviews either but how can you go wrong with Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer. Both are very good looking and worth watching even if the movie was crap. Luckily, I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. I’ve always enjoyed spy movies.


Of course, it was Sunday night, so that meant that it was time for Game of Thrones. I do love that show. It was a good end to a date night with myself.

2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Self-care is the sign of a healthy person.

Blobby said...

Yes, 'Pitch Perfect 2' is not a good date movie.......for anyone. It's too forced, the song choices are mostly weak, and the new girl is ANNOYING....as is 'her song', which is clearly the only one she's ever written.