Friday, October 21, 2016

Flying Again



Early this morning, I left on a plane heading to Alabama. When this blog piece posts, I will be at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport scrambling to catch my next flight to Charolotte before then heading to the Montgomery Airport. Once in Alabama, I'll have time Friday and Saturday to spend with family. The visitation will be Saturday night and the funeral Sunday afternoon. Then Monday evening, I will be flying back to Vermont.

It will be a whirlwind trip and a sad one, but at least I will get to see my family and spend some time with them. I will also get to see my kitties, Edith and Lucy. I plan to get in some good food and some sweet tea while I'm there also. So while it is a sad occasion and a sad trip, there will be some pluses along the way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your Granny's death. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

-Alan
Chattanooga, TN

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Hoping that your travel went well and that your time in Alabama is as good as the circumstances allow.

The Academic

Church of Christ Lesbian said...

Joe, you are in my prayers and sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Ryan. T said...

Mr. Joe, So sorry for your loss. I wish you well in life. God Speed.

Anonymous said...

God hold you and those who you love in his gentle embrace.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you, Joe. Along with your fond memories of your grandmother and the love of your family, I hope you will also feel the love from your anonymous friends that we are concentrating upon you. Imagining myself in your shoes, I think there is something very interesting in knowing that there are many people out there that you don't who have you in their thoughts and prayers.

Mike said...

Sending my best, Joe.