Sunday, October 16, 2016

In Need of Prayers

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
Earlier this week, my granny fell and broke her hip. She had hip surgery but the recovery has not gone well. She won't wake up fully and barely responds when talked to. Her kidneys are also shutting down. They've decided not to put her on life support, but to see how things play out.
I am out in California, so I am of no help except through praryer because now it is up to my granny and God as to what happens next. If she decides to fight, she might have a chance, but it is not looking good. So please, add my granny to your praryers. She needs all the prayers she can get right now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I am so sorry to learn this grievous news for you. Very much thinking of you today.
The adacemic

Michael Dodd said...

Prayers for the whole family. It is hard to be far away, as I know all too well. But the One Who can help is there.

Anonymous said...

you & your family are in my prayers

JiEL said...

You didn't say how old is your granny??

Anyway, I think that even prayers will not help that much.
Sorry to say it but you too cannot do anything for now.
Her best options are in the hands of the doctors.

Sadly, I just tell you that my dad died on March 2014 from cancer.
The thing is that he got in the hospital in emergency two weeks before he past out.
The main issue wasn't his cancer but his kidneys that wasn't working at all.

Again, sorry to tell you that my dad died because of that kidney issue.
The doctors told us that this causes toxic fluids to increase in his blood and then, as the % increase in the blood, it has the effect to make the heart to stop beating because too intoxicated.

Hope that your granny will not suffer that much from her condition.

Keep us in the loop.

Marsha said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she pulls through.

Anonymous said...

We sang "What a Friend we have in Jesus" in church yesterday, so of course I thought of you. You were in my prayers the whole time of the service.

naturgesetz said...

May God help your granny in the way that is best for her. Amen.

And hugs for you, Joe.

Church of Christ Lesbian said...

Prayers for your Granny sent!