Thursday, November 2, 2017

Interviews II



Well, my second interview didn’t go as well as my first. The more I found out about the job, the less appealing it sounded. It also seemed to be more about the archival aspect of an oral history position than about the interviewing part. I also didn’t seem to gel with the woman over the phone like I did for the job in Chicago. The Florida job just didn’t seem to suit me. I may hear back from them, but I’m not holding my breath.

Today, I will be teaching a class on oral history. This should be fun, and it will be nice to be back in the classroom.

2 comments:

lunchbox said...

interesting to hear about oral history, I would like to hear more about how oral history is cited in written form for scholarly papers.

Joe said...

Since I am in the process of writing a scholarly paper using oral histories, this is easy to answer. Since unpublished oral histories are essentially an interview, it should be cited in the same way as an interview. For published oral histories, check out this cite from Baylor University: https://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/66439.pdf